Friday, May 29, 2020

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb Is Gonna Be A Potluck!

I’ve been thinking lately about that “Marriage Supper of the Lamb” that is mentioned in Revelation 19:9 & 17.  What I am about to suggest has no grounding in the actual text.  And I do not want to start a new denomination over this idea.  But .  .  .  .

 I think the Marriage Supper of the Lamb is Gonna Be a Potluck!

 And here’s why:

There Will Be Lots and Lots of Guests!  - Bigger than any one or ten or one hundred catering companies could manage, even with the help of angels.

These Guests Will Be From “Every Tribe & Tongue & Nation” – And of course, they will come with their own favorite tastes and preferences.

Serving Will Be At The Heart Of This New Kingdom – Because the Triune God of the Bible is now enthroned, selfishness is destroyed and all things are set right.

So, I’m concluding that everyone will joyfully bring their own favorite foods to share. And that my friends, is called a Potluck!

My brothers and sisters from Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church will bring the best Soul Food you can ever imagine.  And how could my Cajun friends from First Presbyterian Church in Houma, LA not bring their Alligator Sauce Piquante and more boiled crawfish than could ever fit on a plywood table?  There will be Banket on the dessert table as well as a whole variety of midwestern pies.  The Germans?  We’re bringing the Wurst food – Knockwurst and Bratwurst of course – and plenty of our special beverage.  Pastor Wang Yi and his congregation from the Early Rain Covenant Church in China will bring dishes I’ve never seen on the menu board here.  And from the underground churches in Iran, Persian food that I’ve never yet tasted.  I could go on and on and on, but you get my drift here.

And I can hardly wait!  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment