Thursday, June 8, 2023

Classic Christian Writers For FREE!

That is correct: Free in the Kindle digital format.  Don't have or use Kindle?  There is a free answer to that: The Kindle app is FREE for computer (Mac and Windows), iPad and tablets and smartphones of all sorts (Appled iPhone, Samsung with Android, Google phones and more).  Get the app and you can get the books free - and read them at no cost on your computer, tablet or phone.  One chapter a day of a classic Christian writer for FREE?!?  At that price, I got over my yearning to "have a physical book in my hand."  Try it.  CLICK HERE to learn more and download the Kindle app.

Of course, all the books I link below are also available in paperback, so there is that option as well.  It's just not free.

My Initial Suggestions

As a start, you will find below links to 5 different classics that I would recommend for personal growth from a favorite author of mine: Andrew Murray, the 19th century South African Dutch Reformed writer.  

Note: many older books are available in "new and updated versions" that I typically advise.  A case in point are my recommendations from Andrew Murray.  Murray has shaped my prayer life probably more than any other single writer.  I did my doctoral dissertatin on him in fact!  But he was educated in Scotland and the Netherlands.  Pastored in South Africa, preaching in their dialect of English, Dutch, Afrikaans and several tribal languages.  Frankly, my usual language is pretty different than his language - even his English.  The "new and updated" versions that I am recommend will alter vocabulary, syntax and a few phrases to make that bridge easier to cross.

CLICK each image for the Amazon Link.

The Prayer Life







With Christ in the School of Prayer






Humility






Divine Healing







Absolute Surrender







No comments:

Post a Comment